Saturday, March 13, 2010

Late Night Weekends

Most people hate overnight television. Infomercials are in abundance and those commericals for the 'phone dating' is so unbelievably horrible and LOUD that I can't help but start critcizing each other the girls that appear in them.

That being said. I personally LOVE overnight television on the weekends. My weekday primetime shows are booked solid with shows that I watch a regular basis, that I crave my overnight weekend shows to catch me up on shows that I don't watch during the week.

Like 'Grey's Anatomy' for example. I had NEVER seen one episode of it, or much less wanted to. But then I needed something to watch at midnight on Saturday/Sunday night. I started watching it, and now I really like it. But the only reason I like it, is because of Merideth Grey and McDreamy. I will only watch the reruns though. I refuse to watch when the new episodes that come on ABC. Just because that would techinically put me in the McDreamy/McSteamy watching group. I'm not a conformist. I live on the edge.

Another one is 'House'. Never watched it at all, but as soon as it started coming on Saturday and Sunday nights, I was all over that show! Which is weird a little, because I'm not really feeling any of the 'couples' on that show. I just really like how sarcastic and assholy House is. It's hot.

'The Hills'. I like the show, simply because it fills my 2am-3am time slot Sunday mornings. That whole Spiedi thing creeps me the hell out. However, it is really funny to watch the changes to Hiedi's face as if you were flipping the pages of a picture book really fast and making it an animation!

Um...yeah! Okay, so the Sookie Stackhouse novels! I am waiting not so patiently for Dead in the Family to come out. And it's taking so long that I secretly cuss out the authors of books because they can't get a book out every few months like a Twilight movie can! I'm hugely obsessed with the not so odd, yet odd enough couple in the later books that it's driving me crazy!

That's all I'm going to write for this post. Next up, my human tv guide schedule. And then shows that should be banned.


Potato Chips.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you wrapped it up like a Rocky and Bullwinkle episode. What's going to happen next? Will Heather watch Grey's on it's regularly schedualed time?!?! Tune in next time to find out!

    ReplyDelete